Why a PTH Water Conditioner?
The 10-point advantage.
Most of the interior of Southern Africa suffers from hard and brack (saline) water.
This means that water pipes, heating elements, irrigation equipment and domestic appliances, to name but a few, become encrusted with kalk and either fail within a short life span or cost users unnecessary expense in increased power usage – 1mm of scale = 10% more electricty usage.
Here are the benefits of the Israeli PTH versus conventional water softeners.
1. PRICE: PTH is considerably cheaper
2. MAINTENANCE: PTH requires practically no maintenance. Resin softeners cannot function without regular salt charging.
3. RUNNING COSTS: PTH has no parts to be replaced, and therefore absolutely no maintenance costs. Resin in other softeners age and have to be replaced. Valves in other softeners are volatile and can be problematic. PTH on the other hand, has no moving parts.
4. ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLINESS: Salty discharges released from resin softeners end up in the soil during the brine rinse process, causing brackness, and “nothing” grows in brack soil. Resin softeners have already been banned in several places worldwide. PTH, on the other hand, stimulates crops – up to 200% increase in crop yields.
5. COMFORT: Easy installation. In-line. Sturdy, practical device. No moving parts. Unbreakable. Eliminates chemicals. Power interruptions confuse rinse cycle in other fully automatic resin softeners – they cannot operate without electricity.
6. SAVINGS: PTH saves on chemicals, acids, shutdowns, downtime, and manpower, all factors which affect production and consequently, profitability – this applies to plants and factories. Numerous concerns already cancelled costly “contracts” with chemical companies having used PTH for the first time. PTH uses no electricity, apart from being unbreakable and lasting indefinitely. (Resin softeners make water more corrosive.)
7. TASTE OF WATER: PTH improves taste of brack water. Resin softeners, on the other hand, release sodium in water during cation exchange process, resulting in brackish taste. (Sodium is the metal component of ordinary salt.)
8. HEALTH: Nails break less easily with PTH; skin rash and irritations are minimised; hair perms last much longer and hair requires less shampooing. PTH enables the body to continue absorbing calcium and magnesium in water. Those substances – essential for building of cells in bone, teeth, hair and nails – are neutralised, however resin softeners remove calcium and magnesium and deprives the body of those sources. Women, especially, often suffer from osteoporosis owing to a lack of calcium. The latest scientific tests, based on research, also indicate that magnesium and calcium may be protective against heart diseases. Cases were reported of PTH users itching less, having had their baths in softened PTH water. PTH users report that eczema has disappeared after continuous use of PTH-treated water. Dissolved phosphate crystals contain phosphorous and are not recommended for drinking purposes. High sodium levels in water “treated” by old-fashioned resin softeners exacerbate blood hypertension and ischemic heart problems.
9. TRANSPORT: PTH is smaller and more compact than resin softener, and may easily be disconnected and taken with when owner moves house.
10. SAFETY: Certain factories process foods, syrups, juices, beer, wine, flour and baking powders. The use of chemicals under those conditions creates a safety hazard. PTH eliminates this risk. The same applies to dairies and cheese factories, where it is undesirable to work with chemicals, which may contaminate those products.