ENTIRE MINING VILLAGES PROTECTED BY PTH
REPORT ON AN EXPERIMENT ABOUT THE EFFICACY OF THE PTH WATER TREATMENT SYSTEM CARRIED OUT IN THE KUMBA IRON ORE TOWN OF KATHU
In November 2014, representatives of PTH Water South Africa and Sishen Iron Ore met on site for a follow-up inspection of the PTH product after Kumba Iron Ore had ordered 80 units of the PTH Descaling and Softening system.
As a courtesy, an additional PTH15 was supplied by PTH Water South Africa. This unit, supplied with the compliments of PTH Water, was fitted to House 91 A on 20 November 2014 by the Mine’s own maintenance team, under the direction by PTH Water.
On 25 February 2015, the geyser and pipes of House 91 A were opened up and inspected. Photographs were taken.
1. The Pipework
As can be clearly seen in the before and after photographs, the pipework has cleaned up completely – as the suppliers claimed it would. Before the PTH was fitted, a man’s little finger could not even fit in, due to the extent of the scale. As can be seen, it is now completely scale-free.
2. The Geyser
The geyser was totally scale-free on the inside when opened, while the geyser next door (used as a scientific control) was covered in scale, even though it had been serviced recently. Before the PTH was installed, the element was totally scaled up.
What is remarkable, is that House 91 A was not occupied for part of the trial period, resulting in an extremely erratic flow rate.
- Properly installed, this is irrefutable proof that the PTH system prevents and removes existing scale.
- If we look at the previous photographs taken at our first inspection last year, where the PTH elements were compared with those using a resin-based system, the PTH protected elements were no worse – if anything, they were less coated – yet they performed with none of the disadvantages of the resin-based system, and at much less cost.
- The PTH investment is less than R5000, incl VAT and delivery, compared with R25 000 for the salt system
- At a proven 72% to 92% efficiency rate, the PTH will extend the life of geysers, elements and other appliances by at least these percentages – without any extra cost.
- Maintenance of the PTH is virtually nil: simply brush the inner core every second year, nothing to replace, and labour time approx 10 minutes. Compare this to the salt softener that needs attention every third month.
- The PTH is environmentally friendly (no soil-destroying salt backwash or chemicals of any kind. As a result, many communities around the world have banned these resin softeners.).
- No power source required; unit simply requires earthing. Rolling blackouts do not affect its performance.
- Unbreakable, and no replacement parts needed.
- Quick and easy to install.
- Improves the taste of the water (while the resin softener increases the salt content and renders the water virtually undrinkable.).
- PTH-treated water is healthy. The water is soft on the skin (it has been known to improve psoriasis), while the retention of the calcium and magnesium in the water is vital for bone, hair and nail growth (the salt softener takes out these important minerals). Medical doctors recommend PTH treated water for health reasons.
Because of the multiple hazards they pose to human health as well as the environment, saltwater systems have been banned in many places world-wide.
Without the PTH water softener, the mine would have been faced with astronomical repair and replacement costs.
WHOLE BUILDINGS AND BLOCKS OF FLATS COVERED BY A SINGLE PTH:
Mr Franco Pieterse of Hartswater protects no less than 27 flats with one single PTH.
He reports on 25 July 2016 that he has not had any problems caused by hard water since he had his PTH installed, nor has he had to replace any geyser elements.
His cellphone number is 082 783 1250.
No other system can do this.
Pierre Francois Massyn
OWNER AND FOUNDER: PTH SOUTH AFRICA
Cell 082 900 9253
AGRICULTURE/GARDENING OR BOWLING GREENS
The PTH Water system is in actual fact an inline water catalyst (It works on the same principle as a diesel engine’s exhorts catalyst that change the harmful exhorts gasses to environ friendly gasses as dictated by European environmental legislation) that can change the chemical composition of the “bad” compounds in the water to more “friendly” compounds for plants. It will lessen the scale build-up in the irrigation system and it will also change the current water to a wetter water.
It is also very important to select fertilizers that will not add to your chemical “problem” in your water. If possible avoid fertilizers with high Cl and Na as an example. As a suggestion I would flood the “problem” area with Municipality water to leached out whatever is in the grow area of the grass. Then take a ground sample and send it to BEM-lab and act on the result on the analysis. You then can use PTH treated water with the correct Fertilizer for your greens. It is also important to compare the water analysis to that of what the required standard is for grass, if to be used on grass.
The PTH will have a positive effect on your water based on the water analysis that you’ve send me.
Kind Regards, Cobus Faber, 0834552881